cart SHOPPING CART You have 0 items
SELECT CURRENCY

Discussion Forums

1
Search forums
Forum Index > Rifles general discussion > The new Hornady ELD-X 178 grain

The new Hornady ELD-X 178 grain

@ 07:23 pm (GMT)

Bryan Webster

Just found that the length of these new slippery bullets could cause an issue for some people re seating depth versus magazine lengths:

Cal. Weight Hornady Bullet Model Length
0.308 178.0 A-Max® 1.318
0.308 178.0 ELD-X (Extremely Low Drag - eXpanding) 1.403

Something to take into consideration in any event.

Replies

1
@ 05:03 pm (GMT)

Bryan Webster

Re: The new Hornady ELD-X 178 grain
Email from Hornady about when new ELD-X bullets

Bryan,

We are already working on new calibers and grain weights for 2017. Unfortunately, we won’t be releasing any new ones until that time.

Thank you,

Hornady Sales Team
phone 1-800-338-3220